ActPresentation.com HOME FAQ FORUM info@ActPresentation.com
Phorum: speed & power.

ActPresentation.com

Add-ons for Sage ACT! CRM

ACT! addons by ActPresentation.com : Abacus Calculated Fields, PicturePlus, Quick Navigation List, Employment History, Quick Search, Presentation for ACT!

address fields

Posted by: Ken

Date: April 26, 2008 10:34AM

Why can't I assign a formula to an address field?
I am trying to set up a trigger where if certain zip codes are entered then city and state are automatically filled.

Re: address fields

Posted by: Admin

Date: April 27, 2008 04:44PM

Dear Ken,
Unfortunately current version does not support address, e-mail and phone fields as TARGET fields.
So when you try to assign formula to some field - please have a look at the type ( is should NOT be address, e-mail or phone ).
However you can use address, e-mail and phone fields as source fields ( i.e use such fields in formulae assigned to other fields.)
We have plans to fix it in the next version.
Meanwhile you can use the following workaround :
You can calculate address, phone and email, the only one thing you need to take care is target field type - you have to use character type instead of build-in "address" type.

So just create your own character (!!!) fields ( for example "City copy" and "State copy") and assign your formulae to these fields.

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why can't I assign a formula to an address field?
> I am trying to set up a trigger where if certain
> zip codes are entered then city and state are
> automatically filled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2008 04:46PM by Admin.

ACT! software CRM addons - best plugins for ACT contact management software ( Act! by Sage software : ACT!2005, ACT!2006, ACT!2007, ACT!2008, Act by Sage Premium for Workgroups ).
Custom addon solutions ( ACT! add ons ) development and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software training and consulting.