ActPresentation.com HOME FAQ FORUM info@ActPresentation.com
Phorum: speed & power.

ActPresentation.com

Add-ons for Sage ACT! CRM

ACT! addons by ActPresentation.com : Abacus Calculated Fields, PicturePlus, Quick Navigation List, Employment History, Quick Search, Presentation for ACT!

writing to a yes/no field

Posted by: steve price

Date: August 18, 2009 01:40AM

Hi - I've tried all sorts of things but haven't managed to achieve the following.
I have a character field that takes a variety of entries. I want to be able to have abacus look at this field to find a particular entry, and then write to a yes/no tick box if that entry it true ( or false).
For example, if the 'status field'= 'volunteer', then abacus would fill in a yes or tick value in a tick box.
How can I do this? I keep getting syntax errors and I suspect it is because one field is a character field and the other a bit field. Is there a workaround?
Any help appreciated, Steve

Re: writing to a yes/no field

Posted by: Admin

Date: August 28, 2009 12:49PM

[your_yes_no_field] = 1
should tick the checkbox

[your_yes_no_field] = 0
should untick the checkbox

ACT! software CRM addons - best plugins for ACT contact management software ( Act! by Sage software : ACT!2005, ACT!2006, ACT!2007, ACT!2008, Act by Sage Premium for Workgroups ).
Custom addon solutions ( ACT! add ons ) development and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software training and consulting.