ActPresentation.com HOME FAQ FORUM info@ActPresentation.com
Phorum: speed & power.

ActPresentation.com

Add-ons for Sage ACT! CRM

ACT! addons by ActPresentation.com : Abacus Calculated Fields, PicturePlus, Quick Navigation List, Employment History, Quick Search, Presentation for ACT!

Conditional Field List

Posted by: Gary

Date: December 10, 2007 10:25AM

I want to create two new conditional fields who's drop down lists contents depends on the value stored in a field.
Specifically: If "Status" field value = "Education" then a new " EduLevel" field would appear and have a dropdown list of values = "<8th grade, HighSchool, College, Vocational School, Edu Assoc or District" and a second but seperate new "EduStatus" field would appear and have a dropdown list of values = "Administration, Instructor, or Student".
Since the original "Status" field can have 5 or 6 values other than "Education" - I do not want the conditional fields (EduLevel & EduStatus) to "appear" unless the "Status" field value is "Education."
Is this possible and how would I do this.

Re: Conditional Field List

Posted by: Matthew

Date: April 05, 2008 11:37AM

I don't think you can generate a new field as part of a condition. You may be able to use a layout switch where you have a layout which includes those fields depending on the field values. If you do a google search you may be able to find the layout switch addon I am talking about.

ACT! software CRM addons - best plugins for ACT contact management software ( Act! by Sage software : ACT!2005, ACT!2006, ACT!2007, ACT!2008, Act by Sage Premium for Workgroups ).
Custom addon solutions ( ACT! add ons ) development and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software training and consulting.