ActPresentation.com HOME FAQ FORUM info@ActPresentation.com
Phorum: speed & power.

ActPresentation.com

Add-ons for Sage ACT! CRM

ACT! addons by ActPresentation.com : Abacus Calculated Fields, PicturePlus, Quick Navigation List, Employment History, Quick Search, Presentation for ACT!

Sum fucntion for multiple records

Posted by: Geoffrey Miller

Date: May 03, 2009 03:05PM

I have multiple records with a RSVP number field that shows the number that contact is bringing to an event. Can I add a field that shows a running total of the RSVP list for all of the records where that RSVP numerical field is not zero or empty? It can be visible in all the records but must calculate the sum of the RSVP number field for ALL of the records, or a multi-record calculation, not just the fields in a single record. That way, every time an RSVP number is added or changed to any record, the user an see the total for all of the records rather than having to export to excel and sum the column for the RSVP field. Thanks!!

Re: Sum fucntion for multiple records

Posted by: Admin

Date: May 09, 2009 03:50AM

Geoffrey,
could you give us an example what are you trying to achieve ?

Posted by: nic

Date: August 06, 2009 05:28AM

I am trying to do a similar thing:

I have a currency figure in 'Credit 1' and have over 100 client.
How do a total 'Credit 1' for ALL clients and then divide by the number of client to get an average of 'Client 1'
???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted by: Admin

Date: August 28, 2009 12:47PM

nic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am trying to do a similar thing:
>
> I have a currency figure in 'Credit 1' and have
> over 100 client.
> How do a total 'Credit 1' for ALL clients and then
> divide by the number of client to get an average
> of 'Client 1'
> ???
>

The Abacus add-on can not perform cross-contacts calculations ( calculations are possible ONLY within single contact fields )

In your scenario I'd look at the "Quick navigation List" add-on ( in can caclulate average, max, min, ... across many contacts )

ACT! software CRM addons - best plugins for ACT contact management software ( Act! by Sage software : ACT!2005, ACT!2006, ACT!2007, ACT!2008, Act by Sage Premium for Workgroups ).
Custom addon solutions ( ACT! add ons ) development and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software training and consulting.