ActPresentation.com HOME FAQ FORUM info@ActPresentation.com
Phorum: speed & power.

ActPresentation.com

Add-ons for Sage ACT! CRM

ACT! addons by ActPresentation.com : Abacus Calculated Fields, PicturePlus, Quick Navigation List, Employment History, Quick Search, Presentation for ACT!

Integer arithmetic in Abacus addon : calculating YES/NO (check-box) fields

Posted by: Craig

Date: June 24, 2007 11:21AM

Im evaluating ABACUS because I have an immediate need to perform two critical tasks, and I dont seem to be able to write formulas to do the following:

Problem 1: Candidates are given rankings (1-10) for each of 10 questions. (Q1 through Q10) The ranking for each question is entered into ACT! and stored as an integer. The total of all 10 rankings is also entered as an integer. We would like ABACUS to perform integer arithmetic and total the rankings for each candidate.

Problem 2: The qualifications of each candidate are recorded in YES/NO (binary) fields. In other words, 50 individual skill traits (T1 through T50) have been set up as YES/NO (binary) fields in ACT!. Were trying to figure out a formula that simply counts the number of blocks marked (YES) and supplies the number of Yess checked.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Integer arithmetic in Abacus addon : calculating YES/NO (check-box) fields

Posted by: Admin

Date: June 24, 2007 12:52PM

Dear Craig,

Here are formulae :

1. Following formula calculates total

[Q1] + [Q2] + [Q3] + [Q4] + [Q5] + [Q6] + [Q7] + [Q8] + [Q9] + [Q10]

2. Following formula calculates how many YES/NO fields contain YES value 

ToInt([T1]) + ToInt([T2]) + ToInt([T3]) + ...  // and so on till [T50]

my comments : YES value internally represented by 1, NO internally represented by 0 . So we just need to convert every field to integer and add all fields together.

If you have any further questions - please feel free to ask.

Re: Integer arithmetic in Abacus addon : calculating YES/NO (check-box) fields

Posted by: Craig

Date: June 24, 2007 03:09PM

Works like a champ!

Thanks.

Craig

ACT! software CRM addons - best plugins for ACT contact management software ( Act! by Sage software : ACT!2005, ACT!2006, ACT!2007, ACT!2008, Act by Sage Premium for Workgroups ).
Custom addon solutions ( ACT! add ons ) development and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software training and consulting.