ActPresentation.com HOME FAQ FORUM info@ActPresentation.com
Phorum: speed & power.

ActPresentation.com

Add-ons for Sage ACT! CRM

ACT! addons by ActPresentation.com : Abacus Calculated Fields, PicturePlus, Quick Navigation List, Employment History, Quick Search, Presentation for ACT!

Download of Picture Plus for ACT

Posted by: David

Date: June 13, 2007 07:53AM

I purchased the download of Picture Plus for Act and after the download I am unable to see it or use it.

The download appears to have been delivered, but once completed and I hit finish it bounces to your product sales screen. I see no icon or further instructions on completing the installation. Upon opening ACT I see no evidence of it and in Windows Explorer I do see a folder of Picture Plus that contains two items, both uninstall files, 1 DAT and .EXE file. The EXE. file when executed proceeds to uninstall it. Any thoughts on where the problem lies?

Re: Download of Picture Plus for ACT

Posted by: Admin

Date: June 13, 2007 07:57AM

David,
All PicturePlus functions are available via context menu only.
After installing PicturePlus do mouse-right-click on any picture field on your layout and you will see PicturePlus additional context menu items "Link to file", "Open", "Scan" and so on.

If you have any further questions - please feel free to ask.

Date: June 14, 2007 03:27PM

From the installation instructions on your site:

Download addon installation package and double-click it to start the installation. Restart ACT! (!!!)

New context menu items "Link to file", "Link to PDF/Image", "Link to Audio/Video file", "Open", "Full Size", "Save as...","Copy","Scan/Load from Camera" should have been added to context menu for every layout field.

This is where I am unable to see where this new stuff is if at all. After I hit the download button a brief screen popped up and in a flash I was asked to hit finish. From that point it goes to your internet sales screen. I do not see and executable program in my Windows Explorer. You mention contect menu items, where is that supposed to be in ACT or separate program? If this still does not work can I get the CD so I have more direct control?

Thanks for your patience in trouble shooting this. I hope this works.

Date: June 14, 2007 03:28PM

David,
Picture Plus addon is not executable file ( EXE ) - it is plugin library ( DLL )
Installer just copies small file (actpictureplus.dll) into ACT! plugins folder

Usually it is located here :
"C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins\actpictureplus.dll"

If you have actpictureplus.dll there - installation was OK

Now start ACT! and right-click on any picture field - there showld be new context menu items ("Link to file", "Link to PDF/Image", ... and so on ).

If you have any further questions - please feel free to ask.

Date: June 14, 2007 04:36PM

I understand your last message and can narrow down my problem. It appears to have been installed correctly then based on your message. I do have those files where indicated. However, when restarting ACT I cannot validate its there.

Question 1: In ACT what do consider a Picture Field, should that be something new on the screen? Because nothing has changed. Based on your sample screenshot on your product site the pictures show up below the CONTACT DETAIL SCREEN. If I right click that area nothing happens. Nor do I see the Presentation for ACT as exampled in your sample screen next to HELP on the menu bar.

Thoughts?

Date: June 14, 2007 04:40PM

David,
Picture Field in ACT! is special field that can store image.
Examples of Picture Fields you can see on this screenshot [www.actpresentation.com]

Picture Plus addon works with picture fields. One should right-click NOT empty area, but picture field.

Do you have Picture Fields in your database ?

Regarding "Presentation for ACT" - it is separate addon and can be downloaded here [www.actpresentation.com]

Date: June 15, 2007 05:36PM

No, I do not have Picture Field in ACT. That's what I thought I purchased with your product. I am using ACT by Sage 2007 I believe Version 9.
My screen looks like your sample screen shot except for the picture boxes. There is nothing in my database referring to Picture Fields nor if I right click the bluish area does any dialogue box appear as described.

Thoughts.....

Date: June 15, 2007 05:38PM

David,
you need to create picture fields in your database ( ACT! menu item "Tools/Define fileds ). Make sure you select "Picture" as field data type.

2nd step will be to place picture fields on your layout ( use ACT! layout designer )

After that you should be able use addon.

Let me know if you have any further questions .

Date: June 15, 2007 05:40PM

Here is quote from ACT! web-site regarding picture fields :

"The Picture Field tool will allow you to insert a 'contact specific' graphics file into the layout.
A field must be defined as a Picture Field before it will be available to be added to the layout when this tool is enabled.
This field type would commonly be used to insert a picture of the specific contact.
For example, with picture field you can store images of people, real-estate, or any other photo image required to run your business effectively.
Pictures can be added to this field after you save and close the layout designer.
To add a picture to this field:
Right-click into this field from a contact record, and then click choose image. A Choose an Image dialog box appears.
Browse to (if necessary) and then Open the graphics file you would like to appear on this contact record. Common graphics file types (.bmp, .gif, .jpg, .ico, .png, .emf etc...) will work in an ACT! picture field."

ACT! software CRM addons - best plugins for ACT contact management software ( Act! by Sage software : ACT!2005, ACT!2006, ACT!2007, ACT!2008, Act by Sage Premium for Workgroups ).
Custom addon solutions ( ACT! add ons ) development and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software training and consulting.