ActPresentation.com HOME FAQ FORUM info@ActPresentation.com
Phorum: speed & power.

ActPresentation.com

Add-ons for Sage ACT! CRM

ACT! addons by ActPresentation.com : Abacus Calculated Fields, PicturePlus, Quick Navigation List, Employment History, Quick Search, Presentation for ACT!

Sum of a Field with greater than 1 record

Posted by: Ron G.

Date: May 22, 2007 10:48AM

I am looking to keep track of the no. of records that have a field marked, for example, with an X. I have created a sum field for this purpose, but have noticed no sum function.

How can this calculation and result be created?

Re: Sum of a Field with greater than 1 record

Posted by: Admin

Date: May 22, 2007 03:33PM

Ron,
as I understand you want to calculate number of contacts that have some value ( for example X ) in some field ( for example [some_field])
I would recommend you have a look at our Quick Contact List addon
[www.actpresentation.com]

Using this addon you just need to enter filter expression ( =X ) in filter bar for column (field) [some_field] and addon instantly will filter all contacts and will show you how many have X value.

You may also use complex filter expressions for different fields : number fields ( e.g. >1000 ), date fields (>04/05/2006 ), character fields ( %consalting% ) and so on.

Have a look at examples (screenshots) on addon page [www.actpresentation.com]

Re: Sum of a Field with greater than 1 record

Posted by: pAT

Date: May 22, 2007 07:40PM

I think what you mean is that you want some sort of counter as a field so you could use it to quickly reference something you are checking a a check box.

I would assume that you want to use this in a report also?

Pat

ACT! software CRM addons - best plugins for ACT contact management software ( Act! by Sage software : ACT!2005, ACT!2006, ACT!2007, ACT!2008, Act by Sage Premium for Workgroups ).
Custom addon solutions ( ACT! add ons ) development and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software training and consulting.