ActPresentation.com HOME FAQ FORUM info@ActPresentation.com
Phorum: speed & power.

ActPresentation.com

Add-ons for Sage ACT! CRM

ACT! addons by ActPresentation.com : Abacus Calculated Fields, PicturePlus, Quick Navigation List, Employment History, Quick Search, Presentation for ACT!

How to calculate an average

Posted by: JordanAustin

Date: May 02, 2007 02:38PM

Hi, I am trying to get a field to take the average number from four other numeric fields. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Re: How to calculate an average

Posted by: Admin

Date: May 03, 2007 06:46AM

Jordan,
let assume you have Field 1, Field 2, Field 3 and want to calculate average and put it into Field 4.
You need to assign formula to Field 4.
Formula is very simple :

([Field 1]+[Field 2]+[Field 3])/3

Posted by: Matthew

Date: May 03, 2007 01:16PM

To average four numbers you will need to have an extra fifth field set up to allow you to paste the average into it. So first go to define fields and add a fifth field called "Average"
Now in ABACUS go to the field Average and click on edit formula. Enter the following ([field1]+[field2]+[field3]+[field4])/4 - that's it!

Happy ABACUSING!

Date: May 03, 2007 04:56PM

I did as you said : ([field1]+[field2]+[field4)/3, what this did was just give me an odd series of numbers, say I input into field:1 5 and into field2: 5 and into field3: 5 the average number would be 5. However with the givin formula it gives me the number: 185. Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Posted by: Admin

Date: May 04, 2007 02:17AM

Jordan,
your formula is not correct.
Correct formula is
( [Field 1] + [Field 2] + [Field 3] )/3

Date: May 04, 2007 11:56AM

Actually, I found that my formula was correct, my problem was that my fields were not set to number fields.
Thanks for the help!

ACT! software CRM addons - best plugins for ACT contact management software ( Act! by Sage software : ACT!2005, ACT!2006, ACT!2007, ACT!2008, Act by Sage Premium for Workgroups ).
Custom addon solutions ( ACT! add ons ) development and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software training and consulting.